Pages

"never forget to be patient with yourself, that some sacrifices are better then others and to be happy now that the "why" of the gospel will uplift you and that your Heavenly Father loves you."
-president dieter f. uchtdorf

Friday, February 7, 2014

hurricane


Lately i feel like i am caught in a hurricane. A big, huge, windy, destructive hurricane. A hurricane that i am not even sure when will die down. My life is whirling around me crazy and fast and it takes all i have just to hang on, to hang on to that one thing i know will keep me save, the foundation that i have built my entire life on. I know that foundation is strong i just don't know how strong i am.
Some days i am holding on really well, i feel strong and capable....
other days the things flying past me distract and confuse me and i feel myself slipping from that safe place.
I know that if i just stay in my safe foundation i will survive this hurricane, that the sun will come out and i will look around and realize that I made it, that i am strong and that that hurricane was meant to let me see that.
But for now i am gripping that foundation and praying that the next strong wind does not make me fall.

We have adversity in this life to make us strong...... but while you are going through it all you see is mess and destruction. Trying to see that happiness in life is difficult.
So today here are some happyness in life that i see....

1. My children love me unconditionally, they forgive me so quickly when i fail or when i am not the mother that they deserve.

2. Writing my thoughts helps me realize blessing that come from trials.

3. My Savior never leaves me. When i walk away he is always there pulling me back.

4. Motherhood isn't always pretty or organized or neat, but is always worth it.




I am going to try to write more because it does help me make sense of my crazy life! <3




1 comment:

  1. first of all... what an adorable picture of your family! Secondly.. I totally echo your thoughts. I'm not sure what exactly is going on in your life- but I love that you are able to express it somewhat through this blog. What hurts us most is holding it in and not being able to let it out. I hope your hurricane is over soon! -lacey

    ReplyDelete