Pages

"never forget to be patient with yourself, that some sacrifices are better then others and to be happy now that the "why" of the gospel will uplift you and that your Heavenly Father loves you."
-president dieter f. uchtdorf

Monday, June 10, 2013

joy.....

i am struggling with something right now.
i think it helps me to write it down so here it is....

right now in my life i am in waiting.
always waiting.
waiting for school to finish
waiting for bar to be over.
waiting to make money
waiting to get a house.
always waiting.

in the world we live in (at least for me) having nice things is important.
what you have reflects who you are....
know i this is not true
but knowing something and remembering it are two different things.

i know not having the nicest, cutest clothes is not important. But trying to tell myself that when I am still wearing clothes from high school.... i tend to forget. I would love to have my whole wardrobe as stylish cute clothes that reflect my personality but i don't. And that is okay. People love me anyways.

i know that my kids don't need the cutest clothes. They don't care that they aren't wearing baby gap. They are happy with hand-me downs and thrift store finds. I shouldn't care either, they are cute no matter what they wear.

i know that having a house is not the most important this. but oh how i want one. After eight years of leaving in crappy, tiny apartments i am so ready to finally live in a house. I want to live in a beautifully decorated house that reflects my personality and what i love.... but i don't.

We can not take our clothes to heaven, we can't take our nice stuff and beautiful decorated homes.
We can take our memories and love.
So even though i don't have the stuff i want, i need to remember i do have the stuff i need.
I need to remember to that enjoying that moment i am in is more important then having stuff.
and finding joy in my life is when i find happiness.

Add caption
These three kids and my family are what is most important. They bring more happiness then cute clothes or a nice home.

(although some days cute clothes makes you darn happy!)

2 comments:

  1. I am so with you on that one. I am so ready for a house with more than 2 bedrooms so my kids will finally sleep at night and I have more room. We have been in our 2 bedroom apartment for 10 years and with 4 kids it's a little tight. I am just living by the slogan Good things come to those who wait. My future house better be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it will be Maria! and you deserve it!
      You are amazing!

      Delete