Pages

"never forget to be patient with yourself, that some sacrifices are better then others and to be happy now that the "why" of the gospel will uplift you and that your Heavenly Father loves you."
-president dieter f. uchtdorf

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

perfectly imperfect

i survived our first week of homeschooling.....
i can say that it went better then i was anticipating but it wasn't perfect.
that is something that i have come to learn and i am still learning.
it is not going to be perfect.

I have this woman in my head.
She wakes up early every morning and reads and prepares for the day.
She always makes a good breakfast for her kids.
Her kids are always calm and quiet and listen to her.
Her house is always clean and organized.
She makes homemade meals everyday
And her homeschool is always planned and perfect.

I know life is not like that.
life is not perfect.
Every day i pray that i can accept the imperfect parts of my life.
That i can accept my life the way it is and enjoy every moment.
It is so hard.

Today has been one of those days.
my kids are hyper and crazy.
my patience is lacking today.
the house is a mess and school didn't last longer then 30 mins.
I can accept that.
Tomorrow is another day and I can try again.
The Lord knows I have done my best.
I can accept that my life is perfectly imperfect.

Our school day looks like this....

wake up when ever (usually between 7:00-7:30)
Make breakfast (most of the time cereal but occasionally i mix pancakes or cream of wheat in the mix)
go upstairs to clean and get dressed. ( I try to read my scriptures while they play for a while.... it works most days....)
after we are ready we come downstairs and clean the kitchen and get school ready.
For school i start with a song and a prayer.
We learn a new song every week and a new scripture every month. ( it gives me something to teach.)
We read a story out of the Friend then i have them write/draw in their journals.
Then i have them do some worksheets out of some books i got. They really like doing those.
We have snack because by then we all need a break and I wish the weather was warm more then anything!
We read lots of books because that fills up time and play games.
I let them paint or color and then I am done.
School lasts maybe 2 hours and I think that is dang good!!!!
after lunch is naptime and I don't do anything after naptime, well except make dinner and put them to bed.
It helps that the kids enjoy doing school with me because if i heard that jacob wanted to go back it would be hard on me.
I feel the Lord is helping me and strengthening me. He knows my weaknesses and He is helping me to make them strong.

I am imperfect, just the way I am supposed to be.
Today didn't go as "Planned" but that is okay.


3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your journey into homeschooling. As a home schooled child, I can say that your kids will be grateful for all the effort you're putting into this. Keep your head up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow suzie! thats awesome! If you saw my schedule you would die! haha! way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your posts. I love how you are so real. It makes me realize I'm not alone with all this craziness life brings. Reading some of your posts (especially your depression one) totally reminded me of a blog post I've read recently. It just made me think of you. It's called drops of awesome. have you read it? It's been floating around the facebook world. If not let me know and I will find it for you. You can email me at jenalvey86@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete