Pages

"never forget to be patient with yourself, that some sacrifices are better then others and to be happy now that the "why" of the gospel will uplift you and that your Heavenly Father loves you."
-president dieter f. uchtdorf

Monday, December 3, 2012

it is all or nothing....

today i failed as a mother....

i had my day planned out.
i was going to make breakfast.... cereal in a bowl in front of the TV is what they got.
i was going to clean my house.... yeah that didn't happen.
i was going to finish my laundry.... still sitting in the basket.
i was going to stay off the computer..... sucked me in again.
i was going to be kind.... got mad at Jacob when he was whispering in my ear about something while i was on the computer (feel guilty about that one)
i was going to be patient.... bedtime couldn't come soon enough.

i have gotten into this way of thinking that it is all or nothing.
i am perfect or i fail.
i have to be patient all day or i fail
i have to be kind all day or i fail
that is simply not true.
my Father in Heaven only asks for my best..... and tomorrow is a new day.

here is what i did good today.
i fed them breakfast... Cheerios is a wonderful breakfast! And a banana? These kids are spoiled!
i took my kids to the park..... granted it was freezing and Sam tried to eat cat poop but still, GO ME!
i wrote in my journal.... that is important right?
i told my children i loved them.

for all i do wrong in the day, i do somethings right.
and that is what i chose to remember and i can try again tomorrow.
and it is MONDAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment